100 Famous Quotes by Swami Vivekananda
100 Famous Quotes by Swami Vivekananda can re-built one’s confidence to battle up in life again. Swami Vivekananda who was one of the most famous inspiring human being of India was born on 1863 in Kolkata, a part of Eastern India. Swami Vivekananda was brilliant student right from his school days and had exposure in several fields such as arts, music, studies and literature. His quotes make any human to feel enthusiastic, vibrant and active to succeed in his life. He is also called as "The Great Indian Monk".
100 famous quotes among them are:
1. Arise, awake, stop not until your goal is achieved.
2. The greatest religion is to be true to your own nature. Have faith in yourselves.
3. Comfort is no test of truth. Truth is often far from being comfortable.
4. They alone live, who live for others.
5. Neither seeks nor avoids, take what comes.
6. The brain and muscles must develop simultaneously. Iron nerves with an intelligent brain- and the whole world is at your feet.
7. All truth is eternal. Truth is nobody’s property; no race, no individual can lay any exclusive claim to it. Truth is the nature of all souls.
8. The great secret of true success, of true happiness, is this: the man or woman who asks for no return, the perfectly unselfish person, is the most successful.
9. Man is to become divine by realizing the divine. Idols or temples, or churches or books, are only the supports, the help of his spiritual childhood.
10. We came to enjoy; we are being enjoyed. We came to rule; we are being ruled. We came to work; we are being worked. All the time, we find that. And this comes into every detail of our life.
11. Each work has to pass through these stages-ridicule, opposition, and then acceptance. Those who think ahead of their time are sure to be misunderstood.
12. Stand as a rock; you are indestructible. You are the self (atman), the God of the universe.
13. If superstition enters, the brain is gone.
14. There is one thing to be remembered: that the assertion “I am God” cannot be made with regard to the sense world.
15. The mind is but the subtle part of the body. You must retain great strength in your mind and words.
16. Religion is the manifestation of the Divinity already in man.
17. All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark.
18. A few heart-whole, sincere, and energetic men and women can do more in a year than a mob in a century.
19. You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul.
20. The less passion there is, the better we work. The calmer we are the better for us and the more the amount of work we can do.
21. Even the greatest fool can accomplish a task if it were after his or her heart. But the intelligent ones are those who can convert every work into one that suits their taste.
22. The world is ready to give up its secrets if we only know how to knock, how to give it the necessary blow. The strength and force of the blow come through concentration.
23. I, for one, thoroughly believe that no power in the universe can withhold from anyone anything they really deserve.
24. First, believe in the world-that there is meaning behind everything.
25. Desire, ignorance, and inequality –this is the trinity of bondage.
26. Great work requires great and persistent effort for a long time…Character has to be established through a thousand stumbles.
27. “Face the brutes”. That is the lesson for all life-face the terrible, face it boldly. Like the monkeys, the hardships of life fall back when we cease to flee before them.
28. Learning and wisdom are superfluities, the surface glitter merely, but it is the heart that is the seat of all power.
29. We are ever free if we would only believe it, only have faith enough.
30. You are the soul, free and eternal, ever free, ever blessed. Have faith enough and you will be free in a minute.
31. Don’t look back-forward, infinite energy, infinite enthusiasm, infinite darling, and infinite patience. Then alone can great deeds be accomplished.
32. You cannot believe in God until you believe in yourself.
33. It is the duty of every person to contribute in the development and progress of India.
34. The greatest religion is to be true to your own nature. Have faith in yourselves.
35. We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far.
36. Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life – think of it, dream of it and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.
37. Truth can be stated in a thousand different ways, yet each one can be true.
38. As body, mind, or soul, you are a dream; you really are Being, Consciousness, Bliss (satchidananda). You are the God of this universe.
39. Are great things ever done smoothly? Time, patience, and indomitable will must show.
40. Impurity is a mere superimposition under which your real nature has become hidden. But the real you is already perfect, already strong.
41. Truth does not pay homage to any society, ancient or modern. Society has to pay homage to Truth or die.
42. Work and worship are necessary to take away the veil, to lift off the bondage and illusion.
43. We are responsible for what we are, and whatever we wish ourselves to be, we have the power to make ourselves.
44. It is the patient building of character, the intense struggle to realize the truth, which alone will tell in the future of humanity.
45. Where can we go to find God if we cannot see Him in our own hearts and in every living being.
46. The world is the greatest gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong.
47. Be a hero. Always say, ‘I have no fear.’ Tell this to everyone – ‘Have no fear’.
48. We reap what we sow. We are makers of our own fate. None else has the blame, none has the praise.
49. Who makes us ignorant? We ourselves. We put our hands over our eyes and weep that it is dark.
50. Blows are what awaken us & help to break the dream. They show us the insufficiency of this world & make us long to escape, to have freedom.
51. Watch people do their most common actions; these are indeed the things that will tell you the real character of a great person.
52. Purity, patience, and perseverance are the three essentials to success and, above all, love.
53. Superstition is our great enemy, but bigotry is worse.
54. All differences in this world are of degree, and not of kind, because oneness is the secret of everything.
55. If there is one word that you find coming out like a bomb from the Upanishads, bursting like a bombshell upon masses of ignorance. It is the word of “fearlessness”.
56. Condemn none: if you can stretch out a helping hand, do so. If not, fold your hands, bless your brothers, and let them go their own way.
57. Knowledge can only be got in one way, the way of experience; there is no other way to know.
58. It is the cheerful mind that is persevering. It is the strong mind that hews its way through a thousand difficulties.
59. In one word, this ideal is that you are divine.
60. Every action that helps us manifest our divine nature more and more is good. Every action that retards it is evil.
61. That man has reached immortality who is disturbed by nothing material.
62. Fill the brain with high thoughts, highest ideals, place them day and night before you, and out of that will come great work.
63. As soon as you know the voice and understand what it is, the whole scene changes. The same world which was the ghastly battlefield of maya is now changed into something good and beautiful.
64. To devote your life to the good of all and to the happiness of all is religion. Whatever you do for your own sake is not religion.
65. This, I have seen in life – those who are overcautious about themselves fall into dangers at every step. Those who are afraid of losing honor and respect, get only disgrace; and those who are always afraid of loss, always lose.
66. Where can we go to find God if we cannot see Him in our own hearts and in every living being.
67. Whatever you think, that you will be. If you think yourself weak, weak you will be; if you think yourself strong, strong you will be.
68. Truth does not pay homage to any society, ancient or modern. Society has to pay homage to Truth or die.
69. It is our own mental attitude which makes the world what it is for us. Our thought make things beautiful, our thoughts make things ugly. The whole world is in our own minds. Learn to see things in the proper light.
70. You are the soul, free and eternal, ever free, ever blessed. Have faith enough and you will be free in a minute.
71. In a conflict between the heart and the brain, follow your heart.
72. Be not afraid of anything. You will do Marvelous work. It is Fearlessness that brings the Heaven even in a moment.
73. The fire that warms us can also consume us; it is not the fault of the fire.
74. Strength is Life, Weakness is Death, Expansion is Life, Contraction is Death, Love is Life, Hatred is Death.
75. Anything that makes you weak-physically, intellectually and spiritually, reject it as poison.
76. Ask nothing; want nothing in return. Give what you have to give; it will come back to you, but do not think of that now.
77. All differences in this world are of degree, and not of kind, because oneness is the secret of everything.
78. Do one thing at a Time, and while doing it put your whole soul into it to the exclusion of all else.
79. This attachment of Love to God is indeed one that does not bind the soul but effectively breaks all its bondages.
80. If the Student thinks he is the Spirit, he will be better Student. If the Lawyer thinks he is the Spirit, he will be a better Lawyer and so on.
81. The Tapas and the other hard Yogas that were practiced in other Yugas do not work now. What is needed in this Yuga is giving, helping others.
82. Believe in yourself and the world will be at your feet.
83. God is present in every Jiva; there is no other God besides that. Who serves Jiva serves God indeed.
84. This Universe is the wreckage of the infinite on the shores of the finite.
85. We are allowed to worship him. Stand in that reverent attitude to the whole universe, and then will come perfect non attachment.
86. Be Grateful to the Man you help, think of Him as God. It is not a great privilege to be allowed to worship God by helping our fellow men.
87. When an idea exclusively occupies the mind, it is transformed into an actual physical or mental state.
88. The more we grow in Love, Virtue and Holiness, the more we see Love, Virtue and Holiness outside.
89. Are you unselfish? That is the question. If you are, you will be perfect without reading a single religious book, without going into a single church or temple.
90. “Face the brutes”. That is a lesson for all life-face the terrible, face it boldly. Like the monkeys, the hardships of life fall back when we cease to flee before them.
91. There is one thing to be remembered: that the assertion- I am God- cannot be made with regard to the sense-world.
92. First get rid of the delusion “I am the body”, and then only will be want real knowledge.
93. What the world wants is character. The world is in need of those whose life is one burning love, selfless. That love will make every word tell like a thunderbolt.
94. Are great things ever done smoothly? Time, patience, and indomitable will must show.
95. Whenever we attain a higher vision, the lower vision disappears of itself.
96. God is to be worshipped as the one beloved, dearer than everything in this and next life.
97. The more we come out and do good to others, the more our hearts will be purified, and God will be in them.
98. What is now wanted is a combination of the greatest heart with the highest intellectuality, of infinite love with infinite knowledge.
99. It is the Level-headed Man, the Calm Man, of Good Judgment and cool nerves, of Great sympathy and love, who does good work and so does good to himself.
100. All that is real in me is God; all that is real in God is I. The gulf between God and me is thus bridged. Thus by knowing God, we find that the kingdom of heaven is within us.
Glad you like the "100 Famous Quotes by Swami Vivekananda".
Share it, if you like it. Leave it, if you don't like to Share it.