Things you didn’t know about Internet
It was born 40 years ago, at the University of California, Los Angeles. And for now, billions and billions of people have started using it. But the real question is, how much do you really know about the internet? You might have seen so many videos in YouTube which might really take some Megabytes or many blue-ray discs in real time. But, stunningly internet holds everything and all possible videos, photos, audios, movies and so on. How can it be possible? Isn’t it really amazing to think about this?
image credit: www.thinglink.com
Today, it wraps up the entire planet and covers more than 1.5 billion people all around the world. You can check out certain amazing things about this spectacular internet below.
Also check and see whether you can answer all these interesting questions about this amazing internet
1. Who controls the internet?
2. How big is the net?
3. Is internet hurting the environment?
4. Could we totally shut down the internet?
5. Is there only one internet?
Can you guess answer for these interesting questions? Few possible people may find the answers while most of them will not be having clear idea.
Well, the answers are here respectively:
1. The official answer can be “no one”. It cannot be controlled by any particular person.But however, since it is a group of protocols through which the computers communicate with number of servers of private hands, it can be said that the power lies with the Internet Corporationfor Assigned names and numbers. (ICANN)
2. It is said approximately, the indexed web (internet) contains at least 3.9 billion pages according to a recent research on October 2013.
3. The answer is yes for the above question. But it equally has its own pros and cons. The cons are:
* A single Google search can produce about 0.2 g of CO2
* 15,000 Google searches emit the equivalent CO2 to make a cheese burger.
* And the monthly Google searches emit the equivalent CO2 of about 260,000 Kg, which is equal to powering a US freezer for 5,400 years.
* And the equivalent pros in this point are, about 40 % of the US population have started to work from home due to the boom of internet, thus it is equivalent of taking ten million cars off the road. Thus it helps in preventing pollution in the country.
4. This is really a terrifying question. And answering this technically, “yes” it is possible says the Internet experts. But the funny thing here is, even if you break it in half, the two halves will function as a separate internet.
5. Internet is a network of networks. It is not a single thing that can be owned by someone. The very name itself comes from the word “interconnected network”. These entire networks join together to form an entity named “internet”. Thus, there can be only one internet under which there are billions and billions of networks ranging from small to large communicating through the language called protocols.
Got the answers for these crazy questions? And now, let’s see other interesting things about the internet.
* About 1/3 of all the internet searches are for pornography.
* About 15 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube around the world at each minute.
* India is world’s third largest internet user after U.S and China.
* Did you know the original URL of yahoo? It was www.akebono.stanford.edu
* Google got its name from the mathematical figure Googol, which denotes the number” one followed by hundred zeroes”.
* Facebook has more than 6 million page view per minute, 37.4 Trillion every year and about 2.5 billion images are uploaded.
Thus, the internet has become an indispensable tool which plays a major part in bringing the all people together. It also has its own disadvantages equally but depends upon the usage of the person.
But nowadays, it becomes necessary to learn the browsing skills and surf the internet to be updated about the latest hot news around the world.
Thus, it has been estimated that over next ten years, most of the Internet’s growth will come from the developing countries and every people in the nook and corner of the world will start to know about internet and its benefits.